This 7-day gut cleanse diet will give your digestive system the reset it needs to work better.
RELATED: The Microbiome Diet: Benefits And Foods To Include In this article:
- Your Gut Cleanse Needs
- Gut-Healthy Meals and Plans
- As Soon as You Wake Up
- Morning Options
- Lunch Options
- Dinner Options
- More Tips for Your Natural Gut Cleanse
The 7-Day Gut Cleanse Detox That Helps Reboot Your Digestion and Metabolism
Your Gut Cleanse Needs
- Clean water and herbal teas
- Fermented foods such as kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, and miso
- GMO-free, free-range chicken (if you’re vegan or vegetarian, go for tofu and tempeh)
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables (have a lot of these, especially the greens)
- Healthy fats such as salmon, nuts, seeds, olive oil, and coconut oil
- Dairy-free milk such as almond and coconut milk
- Herbs and spices, especially ginger, garlic, and turmeric
- Psyllium husk for more fiber
- Apple cider vinegar, tamari, and coconut aminos
- Super greens including BIOHM Super Greens
What is psyllium husk? It's a type of fiber from the seeds of Plantago plants. It is popular for its ability to absorb water. You may also need to stock up on gut cleanse supplements such as the BIOHM Gut Test and the BIOHM Reset Regimen.
BIOHM Gut Test
- Gut testing kit, which gives you an idea of the diversity and activity of your own microbiome
- Prebiotics, which feed the beneficial bacteria including fungi
- Probiotics, which add more helpful strains into your gut
- Colon cleanse, which helps get rid of the toxic buildup in the colon
Gut-Healthy Meals and Plans
Based on the information above, your sample meal plan for the next 7 days can be the following:
As Soon as You Wake Up
Start the morning with a glass of lemon water to “wake up” your digestive system. Take your supplements (although read the instructions first to make sure you can maximize the benefits).
1. Chia Pudding
An hour after, consume your first meal, which is chia pudding. To make it, combine at least a half cup of chia seeds, which are rich in omega-3, and a cup of coconut milk or almond milk in a mason jar. Set it in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours.
Tip: You can make this a night before. You can also create many of these, which should last you for three days.
2. Avocado Toast with Naturally Sweetened Peanut Butter
Go for whole-grain bread, but if you’re allergic or intolerant to gluten, opt for gluten-free options. The avocados, meanwhile, are an awesome source of healthy fats and multiple vitamins and minerals.
3. Scrumptious Green Waffle
This green waffle recipe nourishes your gut by enriching it with probiotics and digestive enzymes. At the same time, you can make this delicious by topping it with honey and your favorite seasonal fruit like strawberries or bananas.
1. Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon
Salmon has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Lemon can provide you with vitamin C to boost your immunity while garlic is a prebiotic. This is easy to make. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your baking sheet with parchment and lay down your fish with the skin on the bottom. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and then top it with minced garlic and lemon juice. You can also place the lemon slices on top. Bake for at least 15 minutes or until the fish’s flesh turns pink and becomes flaky.
2. Veggie Burrito Bowl
This healthy and delicious burrito bowl is 100% plant-based and an excellent lunch option for your gut cleanse. After all, it has super greens like arugula, herbs like cilantro, fats such as olive oil and avocado, and fiber-rich veggies like cauliflower.
Tip: To make this the best gut cleanse lunch, substitute rice vinegar with apple cider vinegar.
3. Chicken Meatball Zucchini Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce
Just because you’re doing a gut cleanse doesn’t mean you can’t have something fancy. To make this recipe, start with the meatballs. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine a pound of ground chicken, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon flaxseed and nutritional yeast, egg, and salt and pepper to taste. Form the mixture into balls and then bake them for at least 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size and quantity of the meatballs.
To make your marinara sauce, heat your saucepan and then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix 28 ounces of peeled tomatoes, 1 yellow onion, 2 chopped garlic cloves, and a teaspoon of oregano. Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour while crushing the tomatoes as you go along. On the side, make your zucchini noodles by cutting the veggie lengthwise in thin slices. Then on a skillet, add olive oil and cook the zucchini noodles lightly. Combine the meatballs, marinara sauce, and zucchini pasta when ready to eat.
1. Kale and Turkey Meatball Soup
This is a hearty but easy-on-the-tummy soup everyone in the family will surely love. Add a spice like turmeric to make it even healthier for the guy.
2. Super Green Salad with Miso Vinaigrette
Yes, you can create a salad dressing with miso. In fact, it adds more texture and flavor, so you’ll enjoy this light dinner better. For your base or salad, choose your favorite super greens, but we recommend kale, spinach, broccoli, and arugula. You can also add some almonds, cashew nuts, flaxseed, and chia seeds, as well as sprouts. For the dressing, combine 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons natural orange juice, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, a half-teaspoon of grated ginger, and a tablespoon of water.
3. Thai-Style Lettuce Wraps
With this recipe, you can do a leaky gut cleanse without feeling bored. To make this, combine diced carrots, celery, and yellow onion. To serve as a bind for these veggies, you can pulse 1 cup of pecan halves. For the sauce, you need 1/4 cup tamari, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, a drizzle of honey, and minced garlic and ginger. Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl while in a saucepan, add some water and soften your veggies. Cover them with the sauce and bring them to a simmer until the vegetables are soft. Cook for at least 15 minutes, let it cool for a while, and then transfer your mixture to lettuce cups.
More Tips for Your Natural Gut Cleanse
- You may have two snacks a day, one after breakfast and one after lunch, but do so in moderation.
- Exercise is also good for the gut, but during the cleanse, choose low-impact options such as yoga.
- Mix and match the options above to excite your meal plan for the next 7 days and be creative.
- You may also add fish oil capsules and aloe vera to your list of supplements.
- Eat fermented foods such as kimchi and sauerkraut as appetizers, side dishes, or toppings for your salads.
Here's BIOHM avocado egg boats recipe for healthy gut health from BIOHM Health:
You can do the 7-day gut cleanse diet anytime, but make sure you do it with the approval and guidance of your doctor. The information above should help teach you how to cleanse your gut. This way, you can be proactive in taking care of your health, especially if you feel your digestive system is already out of balance.
What are your favorite gut cleanse recipes? Share them in the comments section below! Up Next: